What is Supracondylar fracture in Children? Types,
What is Supracondylar Fracture in Children?
What is Supracondylar fracture of children?
Most common fracture around the elbow in children and it is usually result fall out starched hand.It can be divided into extension 97% and flexion 3%.
Type 1: Fracture is undisplaced
Type 2:Fracture angulated posteriorly but remains intact
Type 3: Fracture completely displaced with overlapping fragments
Indications for Open Reduction:
• If closed reduction failed
• If there is vascular injury
- Vascular injury(Brachial artery)
- Nerve Injury ( Radial, Ulnar, Median)
- Volkmann ischemic fracture