SIX IMPORTANT FACTS ABOUT SCIATICA
Things You Ought to Know
Here are some insightful facts you ought to know about sciatica:
• The sciatic nerve is the longest & widest nerve in the body.
Sciatica is commonly caused by:
• A herniated disc
• Bone spur
• Narrowing of the spine
• Pregnancy .
• Weight gain
Common occupational triggers may include:
• Prolonged sitting
• Lifting/carrying heavy objects
Common sciatic symptoms include:
• Lower back pain
• Radiating pain down the leg
• Numbness and tingling
• Sciatic symptoms typically affect one side.
• Staying active and eating a healthy diet can help reduce sciatica symptoms.