DOCTOR OF PHYSICAL THERAPY (DPT)
Physical therapy is an essential segment of modern health care system. It is a “science of healing and art of caring”. It pertains to the clinical examination, evaluation, assessment, diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal, Neurological, Cardio-Vascular and Respiratory systems’ functional disorders including symptoms of pain, edema, physiological, structural and psychosomatic ailments. It deals with methods of treatment based on movement, manual therapy, physical agents, and therapeutics modalities to relieve the pain and other complications.
Hence, Physical therapy covers basic parameters of healing sciences i.e. preventive, promotional, diagnostic, rehabilitative, and curative.
GOALS OF THE PROGRAM:
THE PURPOSE OF THE DOCTOR OF PHYSICAL THERAPY PROGRAM (DPT) IS TO PREPARE PHYSICAL THERAPISTS WHO WILL:
- Be primary providers of physical therapy care.
- Serve as responsible members in the professional community and are willing and able to assume leadership roles in the communities they serve.
- Identify researchable problems, advocate and participate in research, and incorporate research findings into clinical practice.
- Understand and place in context the social, economic and cultural issues of practice and effectively advocate for changes in policy
- Correlate theory with practice and think creatively about, react to, adapt or shape new practice environments.
- Participate in and provide education for communities, patients, peers, students and others.
For Download Syllabus of DPT