Allied Health Sciences Admissions At King Edward Medical University (KEMU) Lahore (Rules, Eligibility Criteria)
The Applicant on the last date of submission of applications for admission must process the:
- Marticulation or equavalent securing a minimum of 60% marks
- F.Sc (premedical ) or equavalent securing a minimum of 60% marks
- Age less than 20 years at the time of submission of application
- the candidate must have scored at least 60 % marks in the latest MDCAT Exam
B) Application Process:
Applications for admission in BSc. Hons Allied Health Sciences program of King Edward Medical University will be invited once a year through advertisement in print and electronic media mentioning closing date of applications and date of entry examination along with admission criteria on an application format as available on website along with fee. The final admission will be subject to a joint medical and pcychological test for fitness of the candidates. This test will be carried out after first merit list has been displayed.
C) The Merit Formula:
(%age of Matric* 0.1)+(%age of FSc * 0.45)+(%age of MDCAT/SAT * 0.45) = Total
- All seats will be filled by open merit
- Total of 10% seats will be allocated for foreign students. These will be fully paid seats. Fee will be determined by the university.
- The candidate will be allocated a specific program in Allied health Sciences according to the merit and available slots.
- The candidate will not be allowed to change the programme after admission.
- The candidates selected as per admission criteria, will be notified and offered admission in to BSc. Hons Allied Health Sciences Program.
- The acceptance of offer of admisison by the candidate and joining reposrt proforma signed by the programme director is to be submitted to the Registrar within 07 days after which admission will automatically stand invalid. The vacant seat will be filled in by the next available candidate on merit.
- The student will submit the fee (non-Refundable) for the following components at the time of admission. The exact quantum of fee may be decided and adjucted from time to time by the university. A) Registration fee B) Yearly tution fee to be deposited according to a schedule. C)Hostel fee if University accomodation is availed D)Utility charges (Electricity , Gas & water) if Hostel accomodation is availed.
- After a default of more than 30 days duration for the payment of any of the dues, the candidate will be expelled from the program except in special circumstances where it will be endorsed by the Dean Committee.
- In case of any grievances, appeal can be filed within 15 days before the Vice Chancellor whose decision shall be final.
- The number of seats for each BSc Hons Allied Health Sciences training program will be allocated according to the number of available training slots, trainers/program directors and the availability of relevant equipment as well as infrastructure and others within the training units of this institution. These parameters will be subject to annual audit and review by the university.
- The seats available for each program will be decided by the university
- The seats in any specific program within BSc. Hons. Allied Health Sciences will be dependent upon the available human resourse, infrastructure, curriculum, tract record of the program and other parameters as decided by the university. The ultimate decision for allocation of seats/ continuation in BSc. Hons. Allied Health Sciences in particular program will depend on financail feasibility to be provided by the Treasurer in the month of september on yearly basis
- The failure of a program as result of poor tract record will be reffed to the appropriate forum for remediation/ discontinuation of the program.
- The Registrar Allied health Sciences shall maintain a record of registration of all candidates and availbility of programes seats
Merit Bases Scholarships:
University will award merit based scholarships to the candidates who have secured more than 95% marks in all subjects of the professional examination.
List Of Programs:
|Sr. no||Programs||No. of Seats|
|3.||Prosthetics and Orthotics||08|
|5.||Medical Laboratory Tecnology||15|
|7.||Renal Dialysis Technology||05|
|10.||Speech & Language Pathology||05|
|11.||Medical Imaging Technology||10|
Availability & Submission of Admission Form:
- Application forms will be available from the office of Assistant Registrar (Allied health Sciences ) King Edward Medical University , Lahore or can be downloaded from www.kemu.edu.pk
- Admission start every year in November/december
No Hostel Accomudation will be provided